Directions: In this section, you will hear 8 listening exercises. Each of the exercises contains 10 short conversations. At the end of each conversation, one question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C), and D), and decided which is the best answer.
1. A) At the office. B) Home in bed. C) On his way to work. D) Away on vacation.
2. A) In the hospital. B) At a store. C) In the classroom. D) At a bank.
3. A) In a plane. B) In a car. C) At a shop. D) On a farm.
4. A) In the street. B) At home. C) On the phone. D) At an office.
5. A) At a ticket office. B) In a bookstore. C) In an architect’s office. D) At a train station.
6. A) At a school. B) At a bank. C) At a post office. D) At a bus station.
7. A) England. B) Here. C) France. D) Germany.
8. A) In a train. B) In a theater. C) In a supermarket. D) In a classroom.
9. A) At a post office. B) At a party. C) At a flower shop. D) In the street.
10. A) In a museum. B) In a cinema. C) In a restaurant. D) In a hospital.
1. A) Travel agency clerk. B) Office secretary.
C) Youth hostel manager. D) Hotel receptionist.
2. A) A traffic guard. B) An author.
C) A salesman. D) A student.
3. A) His wife. B) A travel agent staff.
C) A waiter. D) A hotel clerk.
4. A) He is a plumber. B) He is a telephone operator.
C) He is a salesman. D) He is an electrician.
5. A) Colleagues. B) Husband and wife.
C) Employer and employee. D) Mother and son.
6. A) He is a librarian. B) He is a professor.
C) He is an accountant. D) He is a reporter.
7. A) He’s a secretary. B) He’s a novelist.
C) He’s a newspaperman. D) He’s a worker.
8. A) Librarian and student. B) Operator and caller.
C) Boss and secretary. D) Customer and repairman.
9. A) A math teacher and his colleague. B) A teacher and his student.
C) A student and his classmate. D) A librarian and a student.
10. A) A student. B) A teacher.
C) A doctor. D) An eye-doctor.