1.He kept his head; otherwise the accident ______.
A. would happen B. happened C. would have happened D. happens
2.――"Is she older than you?"
――"Yes she is older than _______two years"
A. me B. I for C. I am by D. me by
3.He is _______a writer as a reporter.
A. more B. rather C. not so much D. not such
4.I suppose that when I come back in ten years' time , all these old houses ____-down.
A. will have been pulled B. will have pulled C. will be pulling D. will be pulled
5.Johnson hoped it would be ______who would be called upon.
A. has B. him C. he D. himself
6.Have a cup of tea, _______?
A. shall we B. will you C. won't you D. do you
7.It is estimated that much of a teenager's time is spent______ with friends.
A. to talk B. talking C. being talked D. having talked
8.It is one __________best sellers in our country now.
A. of them B. of those C. of this D. of their
9.Henry was deported for having an expired visa. He _______ his visa renewed.
A. should have had B. must have had C. might have had D. would have had
10.----- "Where is your college located, John?"
----- "It is ________."
A. on the Fifth Avenue B. on Fifth Avenue C. in Fifth Avenue D. at Fifth Avenue
11.I'm afraid it ______ tomorrow, but who knows?
A. may have rained B. might rain C. would rain D. ought to rain
12.The Caspian Sea, a salt lake, is ______any other lake in the world.
A. largest B. the largest C. larger than D. the larger than
13.______bricks, workers press clay into blocks and bake them to the requisite hard.
A. Being made B. The making of C. To make D. Made
14.He will go to America next month, if he ____ready then.
A. is B. will be C. shall be D. is going to be
15.Cars moved very slowly in the 1920s, but they ______move more quickly than in 1910.
A. were to can B. did C. will D. can
Martin Luther King. Jr. was born in Georgia in 1929. when was 16 a boy Martin learned that his 17 , the black Americans, were 18 treated differently from most of 19 fellow Americans. Many could not attend good schools, 20 good jobs, or live in nice houses because of the color of their 21 . Martin knew that in a free country this was
22 . He wanted to help his black brothers, 23 he decided to go to school and 24 a minister. He became a pastor (牧师)in Montgomery, Alabama . This is 25 Martin Luther King's "peaceful fight" first began.
Dr. King worked 26 equality in other cities. He knew that the 27 way people could win their rights was to remain peaceful, 28 in face of danger. Dr. King won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 for his achievements and 29 .
The whole nation 30 the terrible event that 31 on April 4, 1968, in Memphis, Tennessee. Martin Luther King, Jr, was 32 . The man who had preached (倡导) nonviolence (非暴力) died 33 .
But Dr. King's dream can never 34 . Many Americans are still 35 to make that dream come true.
16. A. already B. still C. such D. not
17. A. family B. friends C. people D. country
18. A. much B. sometimes C. seldom D. often
19. A. his B. those C. most D. their
20. A. get B. look for C. having D. to do
21. A. faces B. skin C. bodies D. people
22. A. even worse B. different C. wrong D. reasonable
23. A. as B. because C. so D. but
24. A. helped B. ask C. visited D. become
25. A. where B. why C. said D. because
26. A. with B. in C. by D. for
27. A. only B. other C. wrong D. second
28. A. except B. even C. if D. not
29. A. honor B. victory C. courage D. strength
30. A. discouraged B. saw C. mourned D. rebelled
31. A. passed B. he did C. happened D. they managed
32. A. defeated B. shot C. caught D. put into prison
33. A. bravely B. violently C. quietly D. nonviolently
34. A. die B. be believed C. realize D. fail
35. A. wanted B. working C. prepared D. struggling