1. A new English -Chinese dictionary will soon ________ out .
A. work B. come C. give D. hand
2. As time went on, the theory she had stuck ________ correct .
A. proved B. to proving C. to proved D. to prove
3. The huge fire is reported to have _______ more than 300 people dead.
A. remained B. kept C. left D. had
4. ----- The art exhibition ______ by me _______ a great success .
----- __________ !
A. run, promises, Congratulations B. made, whishes, Congratulations
C. run, expects , Congratulation D. made , seems , Congratulation
5. ----- What's wrong with the book?
----- One page is ________ .
A. disappeared B. losing C. missing D. disappearing
6. Before she went abroad she spent as much time as she could _____ English .
A. practise to speak B. practising speaking
C. practise speaking D. to practise speaking
7. ----- Did you say you like the film TINATIC?
----- _______. I said it's not bad .
A. Not exactly B. I don't know why C. You're great D. That's all right
8. I don't think he could have done such a stupid thing last night, _______ ?
A. do I B. could he C. has he D. did he
9. It was until last year hat he ________.
A.left his home town for a new start
B. came to realize the importance of learning English
C. worked as an English teacher at a middle school
D. set out to build a new house of his own
10. A telephone call ______ him hurrying to his home town .
A. made B. force C. sent D. let
11. ----- Did you have ______ difficulty talking to the foreigner ?
----- No. I only could not follow him when he spoke too fast .
A. any B. a C. some D. much
12. The old lady has never ________ the house since she moved in.
A. been away B. left C. lived D. stayed at
13. ----- We're sure of winning the match.
----- _______. We'll meet our match.
A. Don't be so sure B. So are we C. It's out of question D. I think so
14. I have no one ______ me , for I can deal with it all by myself .
A. help B. to help C. helped D. to have helped
15. I'd ________ them to stay at home the whole day.
A. rather B. better C. prefer D. agree